Published on October 19th, 2011 | by Mark Chesnut
Sonesta’s New Guayaquil Hotel and Bogota Romance Options
Anyone looking for new Guayaquil hotels or new ideas for romance at Guayaquil hotels might consider checking out Sonesta Hotels, which has added some new options for Latin America-bound travelers. In September, the Sonesta Collection introduced the Sonesta Hotel Guayaquil, a 112-room business class hotel located in the northern part of the city, within La Gran Manzana, a new and modern building complex and mall. This brings Sonesta’s Latin American total to 15 hotels.
The hotel is located within La Gran Manzana, a modern new building complex in Guayaquil with offices and retail space and next to the Mall del Sol, the biggest and most important shopping center in Ecuador. The hotel’s amenities include a full-service restaurant, fitness center and spa, pool, E-corner, 2,700 square feet of meeting space, business center, 24-hour room service, and 24-hour concierge service. The hotel can be found online at www.sonesta.com/guayaquil.
Couples headed to Bogota, Colombia, meanwhile, might want to consider the new Romantic Moments package, which offers amenities including:
• Contemporary accommodations for one night with a spectacular bed made with luxurious linens, flower petals and candles
• Champagne or sparking wine and chocolate-covered strawberries
• Dinner for two in your room or at the renowned Cooks Restaurant
• A couples spa treatment at the new Sharova Spa adjacent to the hotel
• Breakfast in bed before your departure
The package price starts at U.S.$304 per couple, per night.
The Bogota hotel hotel features a contemporary design with a vertical garden in the lobby and original artwork throughout the public spaces. By night, the building becomes an ever-changing work of art with lighted window frames in a style reminiscent of Art Deco. The hotel is centrally located at Metro 127, not far from shopping, dining, and Bogota’s well-known nightlife.
MORE TRAVEL NEWS & TIPS:
• New & Noteworthy in Mazatlan (TravelAge West)
• Gate Crashers: The Top 5 Free Airport Navigation Apps (Orbitz)