Published on October 11th, 2011 | by Mark Chesnut
6 Reasons to Love Virgin America (Including Music in the Bathroom)
|It really does look like this: The coach cabin aboard Virgin America.|
BY MARK CHESNUT
Let’s face it. For the most part, the experience on one airline isn’t that different from another, especially if you’re flying to a Mexico vacation or looking for cheap domestic flights in the United States.
So I was pleasantly surprised this week with my first experience about Virgin America, the San Francisco-based carrier that’s affiliated with Virgin Atlantic. (And please note — this flight was not comped. I paid for it and am being objective in my report!)
To summarize, here are six reasons why I personally loved my flight with Virgin America:
1. Mood lighting in the cabin
2. Cool tinted panels dividing the first class from coach
3. Outlets between every seat
4. Cool-looking black leather seats in coach — with the all-important winged headrests for napping
5. On-demand food and drinks, via the seatback entertainment screen
6. Lounge music in the lavatories (why hasn’t anyone else thought of adding ambiance in the bathroom?)
The airline now serves three Mexico destinations — Cancun, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta — from its San Francisco hub (as well as an additional route between Cancun and Los Angeles). So that means that travelers headed south of the border have a stylish choice when comparing fares.
More Travel News & Tips
• Brazilian Sun and Fun, Florianopolis Style (Société Perrier)