Published on August 9th, 2012 | by Mark Chesnut
Free Tours in Puerto Rico, & Free Nights at Marriott
Anyone planning a Puerto Rico vacation, a Mexico trip or a Caribbean getaway should take note of several new offers available this month:
Free Puerto Rico Travel Experiences
The Puerto Rico Tourism Company is inviting summer and fall travelers to see how “Puerto Rico Does It Better” (that’s their official slogan) with a free adventure promotion. When you book a minimum four-nights stay with participating hotels, you can choose a free activity from a wide variety of offerings, including:
• Kayaking in a bioluminescent bay
• Joining a hiking tour of El Yunque rainforest (the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. Forest System)
• Taking a culinary tour of San Juan (think: pork, plantains and piña coladas)
• Taking a city tour of Old San Juan
• Visiting Toro rde Adventure Park, which has what is billed as the world’s highest zipline, The Beast
• Golfing at one of the Island’s fairways (designed by Robert Trent Jones, Greg Norman, Fazio Brothers, and others)
For details, visit www.seepuertorico.com, which has direct links to participating hotels. Upon check-in at the hotel, eligible guests will receive a free tour voucher that then can be redeemed with the hotel tour desk or front desk. You’ve got to book reservations by September 16, 2012 and travel before November 16, 2012.
Free Room Nights & Fall Savings from Marriott Hotels
Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts is celebrating the end of summer by giving away 100 free room nights over a 30-day period, through the launch of its “Spot the Sun” campaign on Facebook. Fans of the Marriott Resorts Caribbean and Mexico Facebook page have the opportunity to play “Spot the Sun” and be entered to win a total of up to five free room nights, redeemable at their choice of nine resorts within the Marriott and Renaissance Caribbean & Mexico Resorts Collection.
In addition, travelers have until August 31 to book a vacation at one of the company’s nine Caribbean and Mexico hotels at rates starting as low as $84 a night, for travel from August 15 through December 15, 2012. The promotion is called “100 Percent Chance of Savings,” and can be booked here (use promotion code X32).
MORE TRAVEL TIPS & NEWS
• Don’t miss a thing! Follow LatinFlyer on Twitter.