Published on February 21st, 2016 | by admin0
Hip Musicians, DJs & Chaka Khan to Perform at Cancun Music Festivals
If you’re looking to enjoy some live beats on your next vacation, check this out. Oasis Hotels & Resorts, the all-inclusive vacation resort brand in the Mexican Caribbean, has announced dates for its Winter/Spring music festivals, including Dance U, Jazz U, Electro Latin Beat and Country Music Fest.
With lineups that include artists from a variety musical genres, the beachfront concerts at The Pyramid at Grand Oasis and Grand Oasis Cancun are designed to appeal to a variety of travelers — so whether you’re more into live DJs, retro funk or country music, you might find something to get you moving on that next Mexico beach vacation.
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS: 3 Ways to Avoid Obnoxious Spring Break Crowds — Or Not
Last month, Grand Oasis Cancun hosted electronic music superstars Empire of the Sun and Steve Angello of Swedish House Mafia, who took the beachfront stage for nearly nine hours in front of a record audience of more than 9,000 attendees.
On the heels of that event, through March 26, Oasis Hotels & Resorts kicks off the year with Oasis Dance U, a series of weekend concerts featuring some of the most popular acts in the electronic dance music world. The Dance U roster includes:
• March 5: Cash Cash is an American electronic dance music group from Roseland, New Jersey. The group has released three full-length albums, an array of EPs, singles, and has provided official remixes for acts including Krewella, Capital Cities, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars and more.
• March 12: Dannic is a Dutch progressive house DJ and producer who is best known for his collaborations with Hardwell, Dyro and Sick Individuals. Dannic is currently ranked as the number 26 DJ in the world by DJ Mag.
• March 26: Bosstich+Fussible — presented by the Nortec Collective, this duo performs an eclectic fusion of electronic pop with a live band sound.
LATIN AMERICA TRAVEL TIPS: The 15 Hottest Festivals in Latin America
Oasis Hotels & Resorts has also announced the lineup of performers for annual Oasis Jazz U Festival taking place in the Spring of 2016. The festival will feature a line-up of artists in May, including:
• May 21: Los Músicós de Jose, a Mexican funk band known for their unique and lively beats.
• May 21: Tower of Power, an American R&B horn section and band from Oakland, California with a the funky soul sound.
• May 28: Fiusha, a rock/funk/jazz band from Mexico City, known for flawless live shows and improvised solos.
• May 28: Chaka Khan is a Grammy Award-winning recording artist whose career has spanned four decades.
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS: Cancun Serves up Vacation Surprises for Spring Break
In addition, Oasis will host its second annual Electro Latin Beat Fest in the Spring of 2016. Formal dates and the artist line-up will be announced soon. Previous performers have included Puerto Rican reggaeton duos Zion & Lennox and Jowel & Randy, Panamanian producer and artist Chombo, Cancun resident and house artist, Dave Quireza, DJ and former Pitbull tourmate, Syphe, and Candy Boy, the official DJ for Daddy Yankee.
In addition, Grand Oasis Cancun will welcome a brand-new entertainment experience, Havana Night Club, which evokes the famous nightclubs found in Havana Cuba during its heyday. There, guests can enjoy an authentic Cuban tobacco at Havana Club’s Cigar Bar.
“Vacation experiences should be just as much about relaxation as about discovery, and these music festivals are a great way to bring together people from all over the world where they can communicate and partake through music,” said Enrique Klein, vice president of sales and marketing for Oasis Hotels & Resorts.
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS: 5 Ways to Connect with Mexican Culture in Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun is home to a variety of entertainment venues, including Kinky Night Club, Coyote Loco, the Oasis Arena and the Oasis Beach Club. Oasis Hotels & Resorts regularly entertains with singers, clowns, acrobats, rollerbladers, a beach-club DJ and much more (it’s been a long time since I’ve visited this property, but you can check out my video of the acrobatic “birdmen” of Grand Oasis Cancun here and also my video review of traveling with kids at Oasis Hotels & Resorts). This entertainment venue has hosted world-renowned artists such as the legendary Kool & the Gang, Grammy award-winning Janelle Monàe, and Grammy nominated Melanie Fiona throughout the years.