Published on April 13th, 2012 | by Mark Chesnut
Jennifer Lopez, Wisin & Yandel Shoot Music Video in Acapulco
|Acapulco on location: Jennifer Lopez and Wisin & Yandel, at the shoot location for “Follow the Leader.”
Acapulco has for decades been known as a star magnet, and that tradition was underscored recently when Puerto Rican reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel, along with pop superstar Jennifer Lopez, released their music video for “Follow the Leader,” filmed in March 2012 in Mexico’s original jet set vacation destination.
I have updated this post to replace the 20-second video preview with the FULL VIDEO, which was shot in a variety of scenic and dramatic locations. Keep a look out for these views:
• A sweeping view of Acapulco Bay, with the striking architecture of the Crowne Plaza Acapulco in clear view.
• Wisin waking up in a gorgeous minimalistic suite at Hotel Encanto, one of the city’s hottest new properties.
• Exterior and poolside shots at Encanto.
• Overhead view of the pentagonal Fort of San Diego.
• The hilltop cross of the Chapel of Peace, in Las Brisas.
• Classic Acapulco chairs, painted black, in an apartment complex
• Lots of energetic jumping, Parkour-style among smaller buildings.
This is one of the best uses of Acapulco’s fabulous setting since Casa de los Babys, the 2003 movie shot in the city with Marcia Gay Harden, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Daryl Hannah.
In case you like sleeping where celebrities have wandered when you plan your Mexico vacations, take note: All three stars stayed at the super-chic Hotel Encanto, which commands stunning views of Acapulco Bay (I toured the property and had lunch there several months ago, and found it difficult to put down my camera, thanks to the great views).
So what do you think? Does a starring role in a music video (or movie) help bring more tourists? Would a “CSI: San Juan” do for Puerto Rico’s public profile what “Hawaii Five-0” did for Honolulu back in the 1970s?
MORE TRAVEL NEWS & TIPS
• Atlantic City Luxury: Borgata Hotel Slated for Major Upgrade (Orbitz Worldwide)
• Don’t miss a thing. Follow LatinFlyer on Twitter!