Published on July 26th, 2011 | by Mark Chesnut
Reading Material: Advance-Copy Novels, Now at Las Ventanas Resort
|Reading room: Las Ventanas resort in Los Cabos now offers guests the chance to read advance copies of not-yet-published novels.|
The idea of spending a Mexico vacation curled up with a good book by the side of the pool is nothing new. But at Las Ventanas al Paraíso, a Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, the options for what you’ll be reading will likely be different from other Mexico hotels.
The hotel recently introduced the “Hot Type” program, which — through a special arrangement with several publishing houses — provides advance copies of novels by best-selling writers, anywhere from six weeks to six months before being released for sale. So as the resort’s Pool Butler serves you drinks and spritzes you, you’ll have one more reason to boast to your Facebook friends.
Among the advance novels recently available:
• The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
• Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey
• The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin
• The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams
• A Year and Six Seconds by Isabel Gillies
• In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks
• The Wild Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
Also New in Los Cabos:
• As of August 1, 2011, the Presidente InterContinental Los Cabos Resort is operating as Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos. The revamped hotel will continue to be all-inclusive. Book Early & Save up to 20% Off Holiday Inn Hotels Now!
• New hotels planned to open in Los Cabos include the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, scheduled to open in early 2012, the Delano Cabo San Lucas, slated to debut in early 2013 and the Ritz-Carlton Reserve, to open in 2014.
• Mexico vacation specials from Priceline: Save up to $500 on Mexico vacation packages from $471 pp!