Published on April 18th, 2013 | by Mark Chesnut
Great Beats: 5 Hot Hotels with Live DJs in Latin America
The days when every hotel played the same boring music are long gone. Today, live DJs are increasingly keeping the beat pumping in hotel lobbies, bars and restaurants, upping the cool factor and attracting a hip, young clientele. At these places, you don’t need to leave your hotel to enjoy great nightlife.
I recently took on a copywriting project to create the online content for a brand-new boutique hotel in Los Cabos called El Ganzo (yep, I do copywriting and custom content for a variety of clients, in addition to my regular writing). As I wrote the copy for the El Ganzo Website, I included info about the hotel’s live music and DJ entertainment options. And I got to thinking about other great hotels in Latin America where live DJs add to the ambiance. Here are a few of my favorite places to enjoy cocktails and good music tracks:
1. Hilton Bogota: One of Colombia‘s newest luxury hotels, the Hilton Bogota is home to Levels Bar, a pool-view venue that becomes especially hip after dark, when live DJs serve up music that complements the Asian-Mediterranean fusion cuisine and cocktails.
For more inspiration: Be sure to visit La Macarena, Exploring Art Galleries & Restaurants in Bogotá’s Artsy, Bohemian Heart
2. La Concha, A Renaissance Resort: This beachfront hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico‘s upscale Condado district has one of the city’s hippest lobby bars, which flows beautifully into the pool area. Friday and Saturday nights are the best time to catch the live DJ music.
For more inspiration: Check out my video, What’s New in Condado, Puerto Rico’s Urban Beach Paradise
3. Panamericana Hostel: Sure, it’s technically just a Panama City hostel. But the Panamericana is also a sign of how cool the city’s historic Casco Antiguo district has become. Head to the rooftop bar on a weekend night, and you’ll be treated to some impressive spinning, as well as reasonably priced drinks and lots of fresh air.
For more inspiration: Check out my Top 5 Reasons to Visit Panama City.
4. Hotel Unique: This trend-setting São Paulo hotel is hard to miss, thanks to its eye-catching architecture that resembles a slice of watermelon. Head to the rooftop Skye Bar, where a live DJ fills the air after 9pm most evenings. The music even extends into the nearby swimming pool, thanks to the underwater sound system. This is Brazil at its coolest.
For more inspiration: Savor some tasty Brazilian Cuisine: 3 Must-See São Paulo Restaurants, from Menumixx.com
5. W Santiago: Nightlife impresario Rande Gerber opened his very first nightclub in South America when Starwood Hotels opened its very first W Hotel in South America. The result is a posh, stylish venue — and the rooftop bar is an especially scenic place to see and be seen as you enjoy the beats and the Chile cool.
For more inspiration: Ponder the sights when you Drink With a View: 5 Great Rooftop Hotel Bars in Latin America
In the mood for nightlife? Show your love with a DJ/Laser Show T-Shirt, Mousepad or cell phone case,
from the LatinFlyer.com Photo Collection & Mundera Shop.
DJ Booth and Laser Light Show at a Night Club T-shirt by mundera
Create a custom t shirt design on zazzle.