Published on March 31st, 2016 | by Mark Chesnut
TRAVEL DEALS: 40% Ritz-Carlton in Puerto Rico, Food & Wine Festival in Mexico, Spring at Las Brisas
This week’s roundup of the best Latin America travel deals include special discounts for extended stays at a top luxury resort in Puerto Rico, special vacation packages at Las Brisas hotels in Mexico and a first-ever food, wine and golf festival in Mexico’s Riviera Maya region. Read on for the details.
Don’t forget: You can get some of the best rates on airlines, hotels, rental cars and cruises by using LatinFlyer’s own travel booking engine (it’s at the top right-hand side of this page if you’re using a computer or tablet, or at the bottom of each page if you’re on a cell phone), where it says “Save Big on Your Trip.” With one click, you can compare airfares and rates from more than 10 top travel sites, including Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity. No more wasting time when you travel!
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
The Deal: “Stay Longer With Us” package
What Makes It Cool: With Memorial Day weekend approaching, now is the perfect time for travelers to take advantage of Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve’s Stay Longer with Us package, which rewards guests who extend their stay at this Puerto Rico hotel. The package offers travelers savings upwards of 40% off per reservation, when booking 7 or more nights. With this select offer, guests stay in one of the resort’s oceanfront rooms.
Valid for Travel: Arrivals starting Memorial Day weekend, May 27, 2016.
Info & Reservations: www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/puerto-rico/dorado-beach/packages
PUERTO RICO TRAVEL TIPS: Should You Ditch Your Puerto Rico Vacation & Go to Cuba Instead?
Riviera Maya, Mexico
The Deal: Masters of Food, Wine & Golf
What Makes It Cool: Mayakoba Resort is bringing global flavor to the Riviera Maya, Mexico, on June 2-5 with the first-annual Masters of Food, Wine & Golf. A celebration of sport, spirits and gastronomy, the inaugural festival will connect guests with culinary stars from destinations including Buenos Aires, Peru, São Paulo, New York City, Barcelona, Dallas and Mexico City – with food, wine and spirit tasting experiences as well as a two-day golf tournament at Mayakoba’s El Camaleon Golf Club (home to the PGA Tour’s OHL Classic). Highlights include:
• Dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval
• Lunch with Dallas’ Andrew Ormsby paired with wines from celebrated Mexican winery Casa Madero
• Tastings with Monte Xanic Winery Founder Hans Backoff
• Supper Party hosted by Veuve Clicquot with bites from NYC’s Felipe Donnelly (Comodo)
• Cooking classes, after parties, farmer’s markets, spa treatments (for non-golfers)
Pricing starts at $1,199 per person and includes 3-nights accommodations, airport transfers and access to golf tournament and all food and wine events.
Valid for Travel: June 2-5, 2016
Info & Reservations: www.mayakobamfwg.com
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS: How to Enjoy Lucha Libre in Mexico (watch where you sit!)
Las Brisas Hotel Collection
The Deal: Spring vacation deals
What Makes It Cool: Spring has officially sprung and Las Brisas Hotel Collection is making it easier than ever to slip into sun and surf with amazing seasonal deals at their properties in Mexico. The following three hotels are offering a seasonal packages this spring, totaling around 30% in savings:
• Hidden among 40 acres of lush hibiscus gardens above the famous Acapulco Bay, Las Brisas Acapulco has long been visited by movie stars and VVIPs. Select the adults-only rooms at the Brisas Beach Club and enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres on the private terrace upon arrival. The bungalow-style rooms all have their own pools and the best views one can find in Acapulco. Pink-and-white jeeps whisk guests from their casitas to the resort facilities or the chic and private waterfront La Concha Beach Club. Mexico Holiday Breeze Package: Rates begin at $198 per night and include breakfast.
• Follow Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina in Manzanillo to sweep away stress by offering everyone in the family something special for this spring. Perched in Santiago Bay on the Mexican Pacific Riviera, this property has an 18-hole championship golf course, and kids can take advantage of the pool, tennis courts, and on-property private beach offering an array of water sports. Congregate for family meals at one of the resort’s four restaurants, and then hit the piano bar for live music. Brisas Plan Package: All-inclusive Deluxe Rooms that fit 2 adults and 2 children are available for $260 per night.
• Travelers with a penchant for history need not look any further than Hacienda Jurica Queretaro; a colonial-style hacienda that was built in the 16th century. The native Tarascan Indians of the region named it Jurica (“Place of Well-Being”) for the thermal and crystal waters that surround the property. Rich in history since its inception, Hacienda Jurica was converted into a luxurious hotel is now adorned with majestic gardens, beautiful statues and antique art and furniture throughout. Mexico Holiday Breeze Package: Rates begin at $104 per night and include breakfast.
Valid for Travel: Spring 2016.
Info & Reservations: http://brisas.com.mx/