Published on October 6th, 2013 | by Mark Chesnut
Mexican Cocktails: New Book Shares Recipes From Mexico’s Top Hotels
Mexico is a land of many flavors and travel experiences. From the arid north to sophisticated capital cities, from the lush jungles of the Yucatan peninsula to sun-soaked Mexico beaches, each region has its own unique traditions in both cuisine and cocktails, and exciting surprises for the taste buds.
While researching tropical drinks recently for a Mexico feature story, I decided that it was time for LatinFlyer.com to gather a bunch of the best recipes. The result is a new book, Mexican Cocktails: Libations & Inspiration from Top Hotels, Bars & Restaurants around Mexico.
I’ve sipped many delicious cocktails over the past couple of decades, as a travel writer, editor and vacationer. So it was a real pleasure to put together this collection of tasty and tempting concoctions. But it’s really a group effort. Talented bartenders and mixologists from destinations around Mexico — from Acapulco to Cancun, Mexico City to the Riviera Maya, Los Cabos to Mazatlan — all submitted their best and most unique creations.
The 70-page book is packed with beautiful, mouthwatering photos, as well as recipes from Mexico restaurants, bars and hotels that can add new life to your next cocktail party. Among the most interesting recipes:
• The Passion Kiwi, from Hotel Villas Flamingos on Holbox Island, beautifully served in a refrigerated kiwi.
• The Chela Chelito, a variation on the traditional Michelada, created by the mixologist at the Holiday Inn Reynosa Industrial Poniente, in Reynosa.
• The Acabrown, served at the trendy Hotel Boca Chica in Acapulco and made with mezcal, orange juice and tamarind juice.
• The Viagarita, served at Bar Las Monturas at the Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Histórico, which uses Damiana, an herb with stimulant properties to encourage — well, you can guess.
• Additional tasty variations on the traditional margarita include the brightly colored Electric Margarita, served in the Blue Lounge at the Camino Real Polanco in Mexico City, the Signature Cocoa Margarita, served at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, and the Tamarind Margarita from Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos.
From sexy tropical drinks to sophisticated and creative cocktails, this handy guide shares the secret cocktail recipes of top bartenders and mixologists at bars, restaurants and hotels around Mexico. You just might feel like you’re in Mexico when you sip these divine creations.
The book is available as a PDF for just $5.99, as a softcover book for $23.49 and as an eBook (for Apple iPad and iPhone) for just $2.99. Click below to see a preview and order your copy before the hectic holiday season (or click here to see more details and order). ¡Salud!
MORE MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS & COCKTAIL INSPIRATION
• ¡Delicioso! Hot New Restaurant Experiences in Cancun, Riviera Maya & Los Cabos
• Q&A: Portón Master Distiller Johnny Schuler Shares Peru’s Pisco Secrets
• Saúde! Holiday Cocktail Recipes from Hilton Bartenders in Brazil & Mexico
SPECIAL DEALS FOR LATINFLYER.COM READERS
CheapCaribbean Los Cabos! Ocean View – 3 Nights with Air + $200 Food & Beverage Credit + MORE
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!